Principal Designer/CDM Consultancy
Our multi-disciplinary Surveying and Construction Consultancy is looking for a Principal Designer to lead our Construction Health & Safety Management, Principal Designer and CDM Advisor services.
This position is an exciting opportunity to help us grow a key area of focus for the business, with clients across a broad range of client sectors including residential, commercial, healthcare, education, and arts and leisure.
The role will entail, but not be limited to:
- Leading the team to develop our CDM Consultancy services
- Providing a professional, comprehensive and sustainable design review service for the client and key partners
- Coordinating safety within the design process and through the RIBA design stages, to challenge the brief and bring innovation and continuous improvements to projects
- Ensuring adherence to the design brief, scope of services and CDM Regulations
- Reviewing a design schematic and provide a comprehensive report with design suggestions to better design with regards to the quality of build, health and safety and the CDM Regulations
- Ensure the design process recognises compliance issues, current legislation, standards and codes of practice
- Manage the pre-construction process to ensure that all design, technical, organisational and programming aspects consider the general principles of prevention and, where relevant, the content of any construction phase plan and health and safety file
- Monitoring progress against programme
- Identify and eliminate or control, so far as is reasonably practicable, foreseeable risks to any person’s health and safety: a) carrying out or liable to be affected by construction work; b) maintaining or cleaning a structure c) using a structure designed as a workplace
The right individual will have:
- Technical experience
- A relevant qualification
- Good operational planning and time management skills; able to manage projects simultaneously without compromising on standards and quality
- Ability to ensure standards and client specifications are met
- Knowledge of architecture and construction practice standards
We are looking for an individual who has the initiative to hit the ground running. The work pace is fast, and understanding our objective as a firm “to be the consultant of choice” is key in how we deliver an exceptional service.
You will have the potential to grow, both yourself through our excellent training schemes and our health and safety team, services and market presence.
We offer a competitive salary, with great benefits, including a pension scheme, relevant professional membership fees paid, personal development and CPD training courses.
We are operating in line with the latest COVID-19 government restrictions, so interviews will take place virtually. We are encouraging employees to work from home where possible.
Rund Partnership Limited is committed to promoting equality and diversity and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Please apply for this position by contacting Tracey Nicholas, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
09.00 – 17.30, Monday to Friday
From 22 days per annum
Excellent contributory pension
Fields marked with * are required.