Quantity Surveyor – London
Quantity Surveyor to work in our London office. We are looking for individuals to help us become the consultant of choice.
Our multi-disciplinary Surveying and Construction consultancy are looking for an experienced Quantity Surveyor to work from our London office, on projects across the greater London region. The candidate will ideally have a contracting/estimating background, but this is not essential.
Client areas include residential, commercial, healthcare, education and arts, community and leisure. The main sector of operation is residential.
The role will entail, but not be limited to:
- Preparation of cost plans and budget estimates
- Understanding of construction contracts
- Preparation of feasibility studies
- Preparing regulating and analyzing costs for tenders and contracts
- Valuing work completed on site and certifying payments
- Assessing value for money
- Undertaking risk assessments
- Undertaking the role of Project Manager and Employer’s Agent
- Estimating cost variations
- Preparing cost reports and cash flows
- Life cycle costings
- Completing final accounts
- Administering JCT construction contracts and development agreements, including chairing meetings
- Preparation of Bill of Quantities, and experience with contracts other than JCT helpful, but not essential
The right individual will be:
- Able to act in a range of Quantity Surveying duties
- Confident at Client meetings
- Ambitious and keen to develop
- A team player and be keen to work with Clients and colleagues
- Experienced in the roles of Quantity Surveyor and Employer’s Agent
- Committed to the RICS and completing the APC, if not already achieved
- Excellent at communicating and managing workload
- Excellent at problem solving
- Methodical in their approach to tasks
- Experienced in working for a main contractor or developer with a cost estimating background desirable
- Have strong technical knowledge of construction
Within this role, you will be reporting directly to the Office Director and Associate Director. We are looking for an individual who has the initiative to hit the ground running. The work pace is fast, and understanding our objective as a firm “to be the consultant of choice,” is key in how we deliver an exceptional service.
You will have the potential to grow, as we offer great training schemes with hopes to get the right individual fully qualified in their field. This will be part of a long term development plan.
We offer a competitive salary, with great benefits including paid annual leave, pension scheme, relevant professional membership fees paid, personal development and CPD training courses.
Rund Partnership Limited is committed to promoting equality and diversity and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Please apply for this position by contacting Tracey Nicholas, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
09.00 – 17.30, Monday to Friday
24 days per annum
Excellent contributory pension
Fields marked with * are required.