Quantity Surveyor/Employer’s Agent
We are looking for an experienced Quantity Surveyor/Employer’s Agent to work on projects across the Midlands/South West region.
Work will span across a diverse range of client areas including residential, commercial, healthcare, education, and arts and leisure.
The right individual will be:
- Experienced in the roles of Quantity Surveyor and Employer’s Agent
- Confident at client meetings
- Ambitious and keen to develop
- A team player and keen to work closely with clients and colleagues
- Committed to the RICS and completing the APC, if not already achieved
- Excellent at communicating and managing workload
- Excellent at problem-solving
- Methodical in their approach to tasks
- Experienced in working for a main contractor or developer, with a cost estimating background desirable
- Ideally experienced in contracts other than a JCT (though this is not essential)
- Have strong technical knowledge of construction
The role will entail a broad scope of work, including:
- Preparation of cost plans and budget estimates
- Understanding of construction contracts
- Preparation of feasibility studies
- Preparing, regulating, and analysing costs for tenders and contracts
- Valuing work completed on site and certifying payments
- Assessing value for money
- Undertaking risk assessments
- Estimating cost variations
- Preparing cost reports and cash flows
- Life cycle costings
- Completing final accounts
- Administering JCT construction contracts and development agreements, including chairing meetings
- Preparation of Bill of Quantities
We are looking for an individual who has the initiative to hit the ground running. The work pace is fast and understanding our objective to be ‘the consultant of choice’ is key in how we deliver an exceptional service.
You will have the potential to grow, as we offer strong training schemes with hopes to get the right individual fully qualified in their field. This will be part of a long-term development plan.
We offer a competitive salary, with great benefits including a pension scheme, relevant professional membership fees paid, personal development and CPD training courses.
We are operating in line with the latest COVID-19 government restrictions, so interviews will take place virtually.
Rund Partnership Limited is committed to promoting equality and diversity and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Please apply for this position by contacting Tracey Nicholas, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
09.00 – 17.30, Monday to Friday
From 22 days per annum
Excellent contributory pension
Fields marked with * are required.